Sunday, January 6, 2013
Research Investigator, Stiefel (a GSK Company), RTP NC
- Providing key cell biology, and molecular biology support for Stiefel acne research programs:
- Designing and executing experimental procedures, under limited supervision and maintaining excellent laboratory notebook records on these experiments.
- Contributing to the progress of the project through innovative research of their own.
- Exercising technical discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments.
- Demonstration of full command of the techniques and tools required for their assigned responsibilities.
- Assist in the management of day to day activities in the laboratory, including chemical inventory and equipment maintenance.
- Performing tissue culture experiments, maintaining cell lines etc. Performing various bio-analytical assays, including qPCR, ELISA, etc.
- Preparing technical reports, monthly reports, and study summaries of assigned projects, as well as regulatory related correspondence as needed; giving verbal and written presentations internally (project team & governance board meetings, etc.).
- Working cross-functionally and building and maintaining relationships across functions, including formulation innovation, formulation development, regulatory affairs, clinical operations, and marketing.
- Providing clear communication orally and in writing to provide comprehensive progress reports and explain complex experimental issues to internal and external audience as appropriate.
- PhD or MS in Pharmacology, Biology, or Medical Sciences with a strong emphasis on cell biology, molecular biology, immunology and animal work.
- Prior experience in the pharmaceutical industry and a good working knowledge of microbiology are both strong pluses.
- Excellent oral communication skills to clearly explain complex issues and progress reports to a variety of audiences across functions and across levels at both internal and external meetings.
- Excellent written communication skills to provide comprehensive progress reports.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]