Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Associate Director, Inducible Gene Expression Systems, Intrexon, Germantown MD
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, implement, manage and report as scientific lead on current and future technology development projects related to Intrexon’s RheoSwitch Inducible Transcription Technology
-- Design studies and interact with internal and external wet labs for study execution
-- Interact with other subject matter expert scientists, direct a project team.
- Search primary literature and online databases to identify candidate transcription and translation control technologies.
- Prepare technology analysis reports for CSO and business development teams.
- Direct the planning, monitoring, analysis, and reporting of information which identifies gene/transcription technologies of competing and/or potential value to Intrexon’s current and future core and therapeutic programs
Education and Experience
- PhD in Genetics, Molecular Biology, Developmental Biology or related field with Five (5) or more years of post-graduate experience.
Desired Key Competencies
* Experience developing transcription and/or translation control systems in stable cell lines or transgenic animals.
* Experience in management of CROs is preferred
* Experience in Program/Project design and management is strongly preferred
* Demonstrates the highest ethical standards and trustworthiness
* Possess a high degree of personal responsibility
* Ability to achieve in a milestone-driven, rapidly changing research environment
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with scientists of different backgrounds and experience levels
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Skills in work and time management under project multitasking conditions
* Planning, organization and execution skills
For more info & to apply: http://www.intrexon.com/Jobs/Associate-Director-Inducible-Gene-Expression-Systems20
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]