Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Associate Position in Global, Private Equity Firm in Boston
Associate candidates must have an MD degree, and must be able to fluently speak and read Mandarin Chinese (writing not required.) Generally speaking, this is an opportunity for someone who has at least one year of full time work experience, preferably in Strategy Consulting, Equity Research, Investment Banking or Venture Capital. Individuals with experience in a Business Development, Corporate Development or other function at a pharmaceutical or med devices company will also be considered.
This is considered an MBA-equivalent or Post-MBA role. However, an MBA is not required. Certain PhD candidates will be considered without the MD requirement.
The Associate will be responsible for:
* Quarterbacking all stages of due diligence including product-specific diligence, market analysis, and conducting primary and secondary research. Prior experience in financial modeling is a plus, but not required.
* Liaising between the US and China offices on Asian deals, supporting internal work flow.
* Supporting existing portfolio company investments through ongoing analysis and review with other investment professionals in the firm.
* Sourcing new investment opportunities through strategic analysis of market sectors and identifying appropriate targets, attending industry events (such as conferences), contacting and building relationships with executives, and reviewing business plans.
* Collaborating on internal initiatives such as recruiting.
Start date: Within two months.
For more info & to apply: Contact Kristin Orkney at Orkney@glocap.com
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]