Friday, May 13, 2011
Merit Review Scientist
|11:BIO-004: Merit Review Scientist |
|• This position requires a Bachelor's degree in a life sciences discipline plus at least 5-6 years of experience; or a Master's degree plus at least 4 years of experience; or a Ph.D. plus 0-2 years experience |
• Candidate must have experience with merit review
• Candidate must have experience writing research grants and proposals that lead to funding awards
• Candidate must have demonstrated success using project management principles
Skills & Training
• PC skills in Microsoft office products
• The demonstrated ability to work multiple tasks simultaneously to meet strict deadlines
• Must be team-oriented and perform well in a team environment
• Excellent organization and communication skills (written and oral)
• Must be an autonomous and dynamic self-starter, very proactive, and adept at creative problem solving
• A Ph.D in life sciences discipline
• Experience facilitating merit reviews of scientific proposals
• Experience with NASA configuration management and procedural requirements for directorate-, program- or division-level boards
• Demonstrated experience working effectively with NASA senior program management.
• Completion of formal project management training and/or certification
|This position involves the science integration and coordination of human research and technology development for the Human Research Program (HRP) within the Space Life Sciences Directorate (SLSD) at the NASA/JSC, specifically in support of the program's Science Management Office (SMO) and its NASA Manager. |
The successful candidate will help coordinate program-level science merit reviews and annual review panels, and customer acceptance and quality reviews program deliverables. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining an integrated perspective of HRP science to support the balance and integrity goals of SMO.
• Serves as project manager for all assignments, responsible for ensuring that project milestones are delivered on time by maintaining an managing to project schedules
• Coordinates activities for program-level science merit reviews, working with personnel at NASA Headquarters and JSC, providing overall project management and scheduling of science merit reviews
• Coordinates activities in support of annual science review panels, to include assisting with identification and selection of panel members, organizing reference materials to assist panel members in their review, and overall project management and scheduling of review panels.
• Develops and implements process improvements for conducting ting science merit reviews and science review panels.
• Works with HRP stakeholders to coordinate quality reviews and customer acceptance reviews of HRP deliverables per NASA guidelines
• Develops and implements process improvements for conducting deliverable quality and acceptance reviews
• Serves as project manager and book manager for revisions of HRP Science management documents, to include acting as the technical expert and content manager, and coordinating content updates through the NASA Configuration management system
• Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the Company's safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel
• Responsible for compliance with the Quality Assurance plan, policies and procedures
• Must maintain a regular and acceptable attendance level as determined by the Company
• Responsible for completing all assigned training
• Other duties as assigned.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]