Saturday, April 23, 2011
Jobs at Advanced Liquid Logic: Grant Writer, Summer Intern, Engineers
Reports to: CTO, V. Pamula
Responsible for high quality written scientific documents for funding applications and publication, including writing, editing, and proofreading grant proposals, scientific manuscripts for peer review, white papers, protocols, and other scientific documents; searches for new funding opportunities; assists with updating reference materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft high quality written grant applications, translate scientific abstracts into lay terms.
- Assist with maintenance of databases and/or reference libraries.
- Search the internet and other sources for foundation and government grant opportunities.
- Identify fit between granting agencies’ research needs and the company’s technical capabilities.
- Perform literature/product searches on new ideas to figure out the landscape
- Assist with planning and conducting educational courses and workshops.
- Assist with assembling scientific documents as necessary (e.g., large institutional grants, annual/occasional reports, progress reports for grants admin., etc.).
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Masters Degree in Biology, biochemistry, other life science, or engineering background, Postdoctoral fellows with grant writing experience preferred.
- 1 year scientific writing experience, preferably in a healthcare/research/academic environment.
- Proven experience writing grants, including NIH R01 proposals, and/or experience with IND applications and clinical protocols preferred.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Curiosity and critical thinking strengths to explore new ideas and make connections within and outside of our technology space
- Ability to assimilate concepts and present in a cogent, concise and coherent written document
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Strong on-line search skills
- Must have the flexibility to be able to handle changing priorities and deadlines while maintaining a high quality of workmanship.
Position Description: Biophysical Chemistry R&D - Summer Intern
Reports to: Theodore Winger, PhD
The summer intern will support the Biophysical Chemistry R&D team by performing experiments to advance the company’s electrowetting technology.
Job Duties include:
- Interfacial energy imaging in microtiter plates for fast screening of reagent formulations with predictive value with regard to electrowetting-on-dielectric (EWOD) performance.
- Mathematical modeling of experimental data (principal component analysis).
- Conducting electrowetting experiments using state-of-the-art EWOD equipment.
- Determination of the stability of novel EWOD reagent formulations.
- MS or PhD-level student or postdoc
- Bright and inquisitive mind
- Independent thinking
- Interested in analytical/physical chemistry, interfacial phenomena, surfactants, colloids, microfluidics
- Laboratory experience (ideally pipetting, plate-reader handling, video microscopy)
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Willing to assist with other duties as assigned.
OTHER OPEN POSITIONS: Optical Engineer, Product Design Engineer, Microfluidics Applications Engineer.
To APPLY: http://www.liquid-logic.com/jobs.html
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]