Saturday, April 23, 2011
The Future Faculty Career Exploration Program at RIT
The Future Faculty Career Exploration Program is one of a series of recruitment strategies designed to fuel the future pipeline of faculty at RIT. This innovative program furthers RIT's goal of "Grow Your Own" future faculty by bringing in students, nearing the end of their doctoral studies, for an all-expense-paid trip to Rochester to receive the "RIT Treatment." We also welcome applications from those that have completed their degrees and junior faculty. Our program has been referred to as 'TIRIT' Total Immersion in RIT by a previous FFCEP participant and RIT boasts several successful hires as a result.
- Build the future faculty pipeline by establishing significant meaningful relationships with prospects from underrepresented and underserved populations at RIT.
- Lay the foundation for opening up future networks with other universities.
- Strategically prepare for pending human resource needs to cover future curriculum development and course offerings.
- Proactively seize employment opportunities, where appropriate prospects are found, that can contribute to the University's continuing commitment to cultural diversity.
- Serve as a bridge to assist in transition from graduate school student to a faculty member.
- Assist in preparing future faculty for a career in the Institute.
The Future Faculty Career Exploration Program is a unique and exciting opportunity to explore potential faculty career choices at RIT through:
- exploratory interviews
- formal presentations
- meetings with deans, department heads, and the president of RIT
- campus and community tours
- Able to contribute in meaningful ways to the university's continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences. We are especially interested in applications from people of color who are underrepresented and underserved in teaching professions; i.e., African-American, Latin American, American Indian or Alaskan Native.
- Within one year of receiving or already completed Ph.D., MFA, or Post Doctoral assignment
- Desire academic teaching career at an exceptional teaching institution
- Receiving degrees in disciplines offered at RIT; i.e., math, sciences, engineering, technologies, liberal arts, fine art, computing sciences, or sustainability
- Demonstrate potential to fill open and/or anticipated vacancies
- Able to travel to Rochester, NY for a weekend, September 28 through October 2, 2011
Application Deadline: June 1, 2011 for upcoming program. Invitations to participate are sent at the end of July. FFCEP 2011 will be held September 28 through October 2, 2011.
This program allows RIT deans to engage prospects in discussions about their academic work and career interests. It allows faculty to share RIT's teaching and research agenda and to dialog on current open faculty positions or those that may be available in the near future. During previous programs, RIT hosted students from top colleges and universities such as Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt, Stanford, Columbia, Berkeley, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and Cornell, among others. If selected to participate in the program, individuals are eligible for an all-expense-paid trip to visit RIT and Rochester, NY.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]