Saturday, April 12, 2008
Statistical Geneticist Position - Golden Helix
This scientific position will work closely with the Research & Development department to develop, evaluate, and implement new methods in whole genome SNP and Copy Number association analysis and modeling. In addition to researching emerging methods in new analysis fields, this position will also provide statistical and statistical genetics consulting services to customers. This position is located in beautiful Bozeman, MT, recently ranked the best place to live in America by BizJournal, and also featured in Forbes and Fast Company.
Specifically, the Statistical Geneticist will perform the following:
● The development and implementation of novel methods, as well as the application of these and existing methods to solve complex genomics problems.
● Provide guidance to the R&D department in statistical analyses methodologies, as well as perform occasional programming.
● Serve as a project manager and/or consultant for customers on challenging and leading edge research problems and collaborations.
● Keep abreast of the latest developments in statistical genetics and emerging fields, including sequencing applications and statistical learning theory as it relates to predictive healthcare and diagnostics.
● Publication of research and development findings, as well as creation of scientific posters and presentations, and limited grant writing.
● Maintain stature in the field by participation in scientific societies, presentations at scientific meetings, and attending applicable conferences, as well as maintaining appropriate external contacts in industry groups, regulatory agencies, and academic and research organizations.
● Serve as a resource for the Quality Assurance team to develop test cases for methods, document methods and as a general resource on statistical challenges
At Golden Helix, your values, abilities, and track record of success are at least as important as direct experience. That being said, the right candidate will have the following:
● Ph.D. in Human or Medical Genetics, Statistical Genetics, or Biostatistics with a background in bioinformatics; or a Ph.D. in Computer Science with training and/or experience in biology, genetic epidemiology, statistical genetics, or human genetics.
● Demonstrated expertise in statistical genetics that is acknowledged by colleagues and peers in the scientific community.
● Proven track record of publications and scientific presentations.
● Familiarity with C/C++, Python, and R programming a plus.
● Strong oral and written communication skills (must read, write and speak fluent English).
● Exhibit core values such as integrity, honesty, ingenuity, and perseverance. Must have a strong commitment to excellence.
About Golden Helix, Inc. Golden Helix, Inc. was founded in 1998 to create cutting edge software that accelerates pharmaceutical productivity and life science research. Golden Helix is an innovative leader in data analysis software and predictive analytics. Our tools and services are used by top researchers and analysts around the world for tasks that require truly advanced analytics, such as finding the genetic causes of disease, predictive compound screening for drug discovery, and developing (industry-leading) risk, attrition, and segmentation models for leading academic and commercial entities.
Located in Bozeman, MT, this position offers competitive pay and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to live in one of the most spectacular places in the world. Ninety miles north of Yellowstone, Bozeman is home to Montana State University in addition to being the high-tech center of Montana. Outdoor enthusiasts have extensive options available to them including skiing (two world-class resorts within 60 minutes), hiking, biking, kayaking and fishing. Cultural opportunities also abound including the world-renowned Museum of the Rockies and the Bozeman Symphony, as well as an abundance of internationally recognized speakers drawn to Bozeman by the university.
If you are interested in this one-of-a-kind opportunity, please submit a cover letter, resume and
salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Jennae Liberty email@example.com
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]