Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Summer Internship in Bayer
This internship is sponsored by Global Biological Development - Analytics Development and Support. This department is responsible for analytical method development and assay support for biotechnology pharmaceutical projects within CMC Global Biological Development. Intern will work at the Berkeley, CA site.
The Intern will assist in performing biomolecular interaction assays including binding measurements using fluorescence correlation spectrometry (FCS). This involves working with a Bayer scientist to operate the FCS instrument, assist in protein labeling with fluorophore, and evaluate/report the results. Additional studies may include characterization techniques for proteins and lipid nanoparticles with other laboratory techniques and instruments. Responsibilities include obtaining and preparing samples, performing general laboratory techniques such as buffer preparation, calibration, sample inventory, reporting, etc. Intern must train on and follow the applicable standard operating procedures for the work in compliance with safe laboratory practices. Intern will also be required to communicate technical information effectively by preparing and presenting a review of the work performed and the technology involved.
• Undergraduate or graduate students majoring in Biophysics, Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Analytical Sciences, Physical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, or related
• Experience in an analytical laboratory using computer controlled instrumentation, especially spectroscopy. Experience with other bioanalysis techniques and instrumentation is helpful. Particular experience in biophysical analysis of proteins or lipid colloidal systems is an advantage, but not required.
• Must be proficient in computer skills and standard computer software, in particular MS Excel and MS Word
• Candidate should be a team player with excellent communication skills, good attention to detail, and willingness to learn new technologies
• Candidate must be willing to follow required documentation practices for pharmaceutical development
***Resumes received by March 15, 2008, will receive priority consideration.***
Please go online and apply for the position (#6080) at: http://www.bayerjobs.com/
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]