Saturday, January 13, 2007
Stem Cells Ph.D. and Postdoc Training Programs in US
- Stem Cell Training Program at the University of Wisconsin - Madison Birthplace of stem cell research, University of Wisconsin researcher Jamie Thomson first isolated embryonic stem cells in 1998. Well established graduate and postdoc training prgrams!
- Harvard Stem Cell Institute This site includes information for graduate, MD-PhD programs and advertised post-doc positions.
- The Stanford Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine They provide training grants for pre- and postdoctoral candidates, and clinical research fellows after their MD.
- The Sue and Bill Gross Stem Cell Research Center at UCI The bottom has the links for stem cell graduate program and postdoc positions.
- Center for Stem Cell Biology at University of Michigan Few, but very good researches over there! Worth looking through if you want to find a stem cell lab to join. Seven new faculty will be recuited within next few years.
- University of Minnesota Stem Cell Institute Short term training programs available periodically.
- Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research Center at UCSF
- The UCSC Training Program in Systems Biology of Stem Cells Postdoc scholar: a stipend of $51,000 per year and a research allowance of $10,000 per year ; predoctoral scholars: $25,000 per year plus a $5000 research allowance per year. Good deal indeed!
- Stem Cell Training Program at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles PhD and MD post-doctoral Stem Cell Scholars for training in stem cell research, biology and ethics.
- Yale Stem Cell Program Haifan Lin (This links to Lin's interview, some very interesting thoughts), a professor from Duke, has been appointed director effective September 1, 2006. No form program website has been launched so far.
- Duke Stem Cell Research Program
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]